Skip to main content

An Open letter to "Bajrang Dal" Members and Aspirants



Dear boys and girls,
                                 It's 14th February again. I have been seeing a lot of status' of yours mentioning how you will 'join Bajrang Dal', how you will throw stones on couples, how you will "tell a girl, "You left me for this guy!"", and how you are an ultralegend because you will either study, play PUBG or do the thing you are best at doing, sleeping. Last year, unfortunately I'd joined a WhatsApp group of Bajrang Dal, and I was really shocked to see the way the persons were threatening to beat the couples. Some may even have gone out in groups and done so. But, here's my question:What do you get out of this? Why do you need to do this to prove that you are cool?

Many great meme pages, even so-called 'youth icons' promote these memes and also advice people 'to stay single'. Some of the best examples of this would be the "Pyar Ek Dhoka Hai" by AIB, "Shakt Launda, pighlna nahi hai" by Zakir Khan and the memes shared by some of the biggest memes pages. Now you will say that they did this for the sake of entertainment, right? At least you had a hearty laugh! But what they did was, they injected a deep rooted venom of unlove; of hatred. They just sipped away your feelings. Yes, you read it right. They just shipped out love out of your life. You won't feel the same way for your crush, and you would have problem in conversing with a person of your opposite gender. When he/she will try to be open to you, you would feel like he/she's flirting with you and you would stay away from him/her. This will also cause a lot of problem in the future, when you marry. You won't be able to love your husband/wife properly, with these thoughts in your mind; can you? So basically, what these groups did was, they just increased the awkwardness that has always been there during the conversation between the two genders. The only thing that I don't understand is why did they do so? Maybe because we, 'the ultralegends singles' like to destroy others' feelings, right?

Coming back to the first case, I have never been able to understand what problem do they have with couples! Why do you beat them, why do you comment on them? Why can't you stand others happiness? Just think for a moment, is it so hard to see other guys in love? Or is beating them or passing comments on them and sharing memes on them is 'cool'? Were you not the ones who were wishing your parents on their anniversaries? Weren't you the ones who had posted the pictures from your cousin's marriage the other day? How do you think your parents met? At a Bajrang Dal campaign or were they wearing "Pyar Ek Dhoka Hai" T-shirts when they got married? Well, in India, where the story of Radha and Krishna originated, where the story of Ram and Sita originated, loving is a sin. We will watch the romantic exchange between Radha and Krishna, with 'devotion' in our eyes; on the other hand, we will not allow our children or siblings to fall in love. We also usually consider the persons in love as bad persons and also as 'bad influences' for society. Are they really? Are they really 'anti-social' elements? Do you even know the meaning of socialization?

The Bajrang Dal is named after Hanuman, the demi-God who conveyed Ram's love to Sita, and told her how Ram was going to rescue her. Making an organization in his name, and doing such anti-social work, is a great insult to the great Lord himself. It doesn't matter if the colour of your flag is saffron or if there is a picture of Hanuman on it, what matters is how you respect the people that matters the most. So, here's a request dear people, please don't be a part of these anti-social organization (s) nor do spread messages about troubling couples on this day. Let them enjoy their life and you enjoy your own life. If you can't tolerate 'love', they how are you even alive? If "Pyar Ek Dhoka hai", then your parents had divorced each other long back! If you can't tolerate happiness, then it's better to stay put inside your own home. What happens in the surrounding doesn't concern you even the tiny bit. And, please, don't spoil anyone's life or freindship with rumours.

I hope you would at least ponder for a moment about these thoughts. I wonder, how of people came out in so large numbers to fight against corruption or illegal practices, India would have been a greater country today. But, as always, who cares about those 'less important' stuff? Couples and love are our enemy, and not corruption; right? Thanks for hearing me out!

Yours always,
A concerned Single.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely!!! Due to this anti - social movements and shows about how fake love can be.... Takes away our trust to love someone, that's why many youth lead single life and somehow they end up feeling they deserve no one!!! So saddening😩

    ReplyDelete
  3. So tell me...
    Are you single by choice?

    ReplyDelete
  4. At present, the world needs love and peace and not such immoral and inhuman organizations. The hatred,fear and violence that is being spread which is very well planned and executed needs to be stopped right away.
    Yet another great note on a burning topic and an excellent way to bring all the focus on this day... 👏

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bajrang dal had started off as an organization to fight love-jihad (and I don't think that I need to explain this term to you... Do I ?) But with time, they corrupted... They weren't antisocial. They wanted to prevent antisocialism... So calling the entire "dal" names is not justified...
    And when u said "At least you had a hearty laugh! But what they did was, they injected a deep rooted venom of unlove; of hatred. They just sipped away your feelings. Yes, you read it right. They just shipped out love out of your life. You won't feel the same way for your crush, and you would have problem in conversing with a person of your opposite gender. When he/she will try to be open to you, you would feel like he/she's flirting with you and you would stay away from him/her.", What u actually did was use a logical fallacy (called "slippery slope") to instill a fear for the obviously uncertain future... And that's more unethical

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So what you are tellingly is that you support the things they do now? I know what a logical fallacy is, Mr. Wren; you needn't tell its meaning! What does the last line mean anyway? Obviously uncertain future?🤔 Btw if you are intelligent enough to write down those strong words, I don't think I need to explain you the meaning of this article. If you can't, ping me. I'll help.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Another logical fallacy :v... Who said that I support them... What they're doing *CURRENTLY* is wrong... But you can't balme the entire "dal" for that... this is what I said... That because they started this to fight love jihad. (I'm repeating my words as it seems like you couldn't quite get a hold of what I said... Or did u cherry pick from my comment certain segments so that you can make logically fallacious arguments to make me look small ? 🤔😏)

      Delete
    4. I criticized the thing that they are doing now, when did I spoke on other things? Keep supporting Technical Guruji Btw!✌️

      Delete
    5. Wow !!! The level of your intellect is unfathomably ridiculous !!! Who would've thought that one could connect this to technical guruji !!! I have a suggestion... Please put your glasses of hate aside for a moment, cool your head down a little... Forget that I'm someone you just wanna fight with... Read my comment again, and this time thoroughly... Think a little... Try to understand what I've said... Don't cherry pick... And then give your remarks :)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Proudly Odia?

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well. Let's talk about history today; yes, I know history is boring, and Odisha history is boring af, but sometimes it becomes necessary to look back, into the past. So, let's have a look at a particular part of history, the Odisha Identity movement. I'm pretty sure most of you don't know about this, as this was neither in any of your history books nor narrated to you by anyone; so, I'll explain this movement in brief. Except for the British, no other force had succeeded in annexing or colonizing Odisha completely(Ashoka had conquered Odisha, but had renounced the trbone immediately, so that doesn't count). The Britishers annexed Odisha in many phases. They took the reigns of Northern Circars in 1766, in 1803 they conquered Cuttack, Puri and Balasore from the Marathas and took possession of Sambalpur from the hands of the Bhonsla, Marathas of Nagpur in 1818 A.D. Under the British rule, Odisha was divided into 4 administrative...

The Death of Books

"I fear India is in danger of having more writers than readers soon" The most celebrated children's authors of India, Ruskin Bond said this in an interview last year. Although he told this from the prospective of publishing becoming easier with the passing time, maybe he was indirectly aiming at the gradual decrease in the number of readers in the present kids. You don't believe me? Okay, try out this social experiment: Remember him, right? Of course, who can forget the iconic Chacha Chaudhary from our childhood days, whose brain was even faster than the computer! But, I'm sure about this, only a select few kids of this generation will recognize him, or maybe have heard about him. You will blame it all on the rarity of the comics, and the low-brainer content that is common in popular culture among kids these days. Or if not this, ask them if they have heard about these names, Birbal, Tenali Raman, Panchatantra, or even Vikram Betal. I bet you most of the ...

To Madras, with love

 Where the day starts with newspaper and filter coffee, Where one is graced by the towering Central station upon arrival Where you see giant cut-outs of actors near theatres - On the backs of autos and in taxis, Where movie releases are celebrated like festivals The perfect blend of Malgudi and metropolis – That’s Madras. Where you eat delicious dosas from Saravana Bhawan, You can visit Anna library for research or go to Chepauk to watch a match, Can go to Egmore museum or take a stroll along the beach, Visit the temples or go to cafes, The city which accepts you with open arms, That’s Madras. Where Rahman is celebrated as elegantly as MS Subbulakshmi, Where Thalaiva rules over everyone's hearts- That international mascots have to bend. Where there is history associated with every street, Every nook and corner has a story to tell, Where Margazhi festival is as abuzz as rock concerts, Where you feel like home-away-from-home, Where Sir Thomas Munro keeps a watch atop a horse, Where ...